I. Was. Nominated. For. A. Blog. Award.
As you can see, the content of my blog is absolutely ridiculous and messy! Gee, I don't have a dewa or master skill in writing like most movie bloggers, either Indonesian or English. I only write what's on my mind.
Oh, and big thanks to kinema karamel for nominating me although I'm not that great, lol. I'm quite curious why she didn't nominate other people from IMBLOG (Indonesian Movie Bloggers) Community. That community has so many talented bloggers.
When nominated for the Liebster Award, you must:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the award and include a link to their blog.
4. Notify the nominated bloggers that an award awaits them.
5. Ask the nominees 11 questions of your own.
But first, I'm gonna answer 11 question from kinema for Liebester Award :
I don't know much about local director, so my favorite are Joko Anwar and Riri Riza. Well, Janji Joni (Joni's Promise) is imperfect, but it's quite different and unique from most of Indonesian rom-com. I like Janji Joni, but Joko Anwar's real masterpiece Pintu Terlarang (The Forbidden Door). That movie is mind-blowing for Indonesian movie. From Riri Riza...well...it's a bit mainstream, but I'm going for Laskar Pelangi anytime, lol.
2. Sequels, yay or nay?
Yay for sequel. It actually gives the filmmakers a second chance to repair them. Before Sunset, Toy Story 2, The Dark Knight, and Oldboyare sequels, but they're so amazing. So, yay for me.
3. Tell me what movie you hate but everybody seems to love?
Twilight. Boring, cheesy dialogue, and 'astonishing' acting skill from Pattinson and Stewart.
4. Tell me what movie you love but everybody seems to hate?
License to Wed. I personally think it has some lesson in love and commitment. You know, that marriage can be far from you expected.
5. How many movies do you usually watch in a month (in cinema, at home, wherever)?
Since High School started, I've become so busy! I don't really count how many movies I've watched in a month. But from my reviews...let's say...five?
6. How many times a month do you usually go to the cinema?
Minimal two times. But in mid-term and near the end of term...one time or none.
7. Style or Substance?
Hmm...I don't really get the question. Sorry, my knowledge is limited-_-
8. Foreign films, Yay or Nay?
Yay! My experience with them never disappointing.
9. Which one do you prefer: vague cliffhanger or happy ending?
Vague cliffhanger, of course! Anytime, anyday!
10. Who’s your favorite Villain (or Super Villain)?
11. Who’s your favorite movie pet?
Hedwig from Harry Potter, definitely...'cause I never pay attention to other pets, lol.
11 Random facts about me :
1. The first movie that really affected me when I was eight years old was Titanic.
2. Not a big fan of arthouse and classic hollywood (yeah, this is from a movie blogger-_-)
3. A fan of Big Bang, DBSK/TVXQ, The Beatles and Celine Dion.
4. Really like rock, but I don't have any particular group which I'm crazy about (except The Beatles).
5. Want to see Joo Won in a movie directed by Park Chan-wook, Kim Ji-woon, Bong Joon-ho, or even Kim Ki-duk.
6. I think movie-buffs or KPop / K-Drama hater should watch Reply 1997 and The Innocent Man (both 2012 K-Dramas).
7. I think Martin Scorsese is a bit overratted 'cause he (almost) never write his own movies, even the legend ones (Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, even Hugo).
8. Not a big fan of Spielberg, but I think he is one of the greatest director.
9. I skipped The Godfather after I had watched it for 40 minutes-_-
10. I think Batman Begins, Audrey Hepburn, and Saving Private Ryan are overrated.
And here's my 11 questions for the nominees :
1. Shawshank Redemption vs Forrest Gump vs Pulp Fiction and why?
2. Your favorite director and your favorite movie by him/her/them?
3. What do you think about Spike Lee's decision to re-make Oldboy?
4. Most overrated actress?
5. Tell me what movie you hate but everybody seems to love?
6. Tell me what movie you love but everybody seems to hate?
7. How many times a month do you usually go to the cinema?
8. Classic Hollywood (20's-60's) or New Hollywood (1967-1981)?
9. Favorite sequel /remake?
10. Have you ever watched Citizen Kane?
11. What movie made you falling in love to movie or movie blogging?
And that's for Liebster Award. Now I'm gonna answer for The Sunshine Award
Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about you (use these or come up with your own).
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post
2. Greatest directors according to you (me) : Stanley Kubrick and Stephen Spielberg.
3. Favorite directors? : Christopher Nolan, Woody Allen, and Quentin Tarantino
4. Top 5 favorite movies : Magnolia, Memories of Murders, The Dark Knight, Annie Hall, and Inglourious Basterds.
5. Favorite books : Silence of the Lambs, Harry Potter series, and Girl, 15, Charming but Insane.
6. TV Show : Law & Order : SVU, 30 Rock, HIMYM, and ofc The Simpsons.
7. Movie I want so BADLY to watch : Badai Pasti Berlalu (1977)
8. Favorite color(s) : Blue and black.
9. Top 5 Beatles's song : Because, Something, Helter Skelter, Eleanor Rigby, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
10. Favorite genres : Romance and Horror. But I can enjoy other genres such as sci-fi or mystery as long as they're enjoyable and good.
Well, that's about me :)
Here are the nominees :
1. Me on the movie
2. Jagoan Movies
3. Kritikus Film Gadungan
4. At The Movies
6. Editor Pilem
Kalau mau gue nominasiin silahkan komen, monggo...
If any of you want to be nominated, just comment :D