Rabu, 18 Maret 2015

The Five Senses Blogathon

Yesterday, I read a post from karamelkinema about The Five Senses Blogathon. This blogathon is hosted by My Film Views and if you want to follow this blogathon, you can click here.

In The Five Senses Blogathon, you have to associate your five senses (smell, sight, touch, sound, and taste) to film-related things. You can relate to a particular scene, a particular film, or anything related to filmmaking or watching films.






Sight


Oddly, I relate sight with...film studio's logo. I don't even understand my own choice, haha. Maybe because some of these logos are so iconic that we don't need the writing to know which company it is. I think the logos also remind the viewers how they produce so many great films.

Sound


It's pretty hard for me to pick something that really affects me as sound. There are too many films with great songs and score, and there are too many scenes where music roles as an important key. But I'm always fascinated how sound and music can create anxiety in horror films. Seriously, The Shining would be 10 times less scarier without Wendy Carlos and Rachel Elkind.  

Smell

This sucks but...I can't relate anything with smell from my experience in watching films. Hell, I never really pay attention to popcorn's smell or the seat's smell.

Touch


In case you don't know, that scene is from the 2005's version of Pride and Prejudice.  

The fact that Elizabeth hates Darcy's guts and the restriction of PDA in that era, create an impression for me. My inner-fangirl squeals when the jerk-like-but-actually-shy Mr. Darcy tries to communicate his feelings to Lizzie by giving his hand to Lizzie! It shows the inner feelings and passion Darcy has. The restriction of PDA in that era also exhibits a subtle sensuality.

God, when will I have my own Mr. Darcy? *just kidding, I don't really like 'cold guy'*

Taste


I wouldn't mind eat all the chocolate in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Seriously, Tim Burton's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory is a magical and delicious film that will make you wish that a factory like Willy Wonka's is real. I always imagine the taste of all the chocolate or how I will slurp the chocolate river. Hell, sometimes I wait for my bubble gum to taste like roast beef or baked potato. 

And that's children, is how I met your mother

5 komentar:

  1. You must watch the scent of a woman

    BalasHapus
  2. Sight of Movie Logo!!!! That's very interesting, I always love it especially Disney's with some trivial addition that cues us to the movie. Glad that you joined this blogathon, too!

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Oops, studio's logo!!!

      Hapus
    2. Disney's logo! Sadly, I forgot to include it in the photo :(

      Hapus
  3. Stunning choices! I had problems with smell.... Here my entry :) https://cinemaliquido.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/suggestion-the-five-senses-blogathon-find-out-all-my-choices/

    BalasHapus