Rabu, 08 April 2015

Thursday Movie Picks: Dance Movies


I wrote this exactly before I went to Singapore. So yeah, this post is short.

Anyway, welcome to Thursday Movie Picks, that is hosted by Wandering Through the Shelves. And this week's theme is...DANCE MOVIES! I have to warn you that my choices are very limited.

Saturday Night Fever

 
Saturday Night Fever has an amazing soundtrack. I don't think that there's any song that can be considered as 'trash' in the album. 

Footloose

 

This film makes me falling in love with Kevin Bacon. I think some of the dancing scenes don't blend enough with the plot. You know, they only appear to make this film more awesome. Nevertheless, I like this movie a lot. 

Dirty Dancing


Not a fan of the story. A fan of all the dancing scenes. Also, it may sound prudish, but I think there are a few shots that are inappropriate.

...Forget what I say, Patrick Swayze is a hottie and the soundtracks are awesome.

 

11 komentar:

  1. Great picks! It's been many years since I saw any of these movies. :-)

    BalasHapus
  2. I've seen two of your picks and they're good dance movies. Still have to watch Saturday Night Fever! Great choices.

    BalasHapus
  3. Having read some people's comments on Dirty Dancing you're not the only one who feels the film can be inappropriate, many people have an issue with the age gap between the two central characters.

    I chose Footloose as well, it was great fun.

    BalasHapus
  4. The only one I haven't seen is Footloose, though I have seen the remake.

    Wandering through the Shelves

    BalasHapus
  5. Really solid picks!

    BalasHapus
  6. I've only seen Dirty Dancing...but it's iconic for sure.

    BalasHapus
  7. Great classic picks! I'm almost surprised that Saturday Night Fever hasn't been picked more this week! Travolta is so great in it.

    BalasHapus
  8. Good picks! Dirty Dancing and Footloose are some of my favorites.

    BalasHapus
  9. Love Dirty Dancing even if the main story is a bunch of hooey, which Jennifer Grey manages to sell despite its silliness, but the music is good and once you start to watch you have to stick with it to the end.

    I remember when Saturday Night Fever came out and almost overnight changed both the music industry and fashion. Just a huge impact, the movie itself is decent enough but it truly does have a stellar soundtrack.

    I think Footloose's story is even dumber than Dirty Dancing but it has its infectious charm. Excellent picks.

    BalasHapus
  10. Love Saturday Night Fever. As a kid, I had the soundtrack on vinyl...VINYL! Used to play it all the time. Great picks.

    BalasHapus
  11. Halo... We're from Cinejour! Kami menominasikan blog kamu bersama 10 movie blog yang lain ke dalma The 2015 Liebster Award.

    Silakan cek post-nya disini:
    http://cinejour.com/2015/04/1st-liebster-award-to-cinejour/

    Terima kasih. :)

    BalasHapus